- Did you serve in the Armed Forces?
- Were you discharged under conditions other than dishonorable?
- Did you become disabled due to MS or ALS after you were discharged from the Armed Services?
- Did you become disabled due to a spinal cord injury after you were discharged from the Armed Services?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you may be eligible for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Auto Allowance for Disabled Veterans Grant (21-4502).
Operation Independence is a program designed to improve mobility for our disabled Veterans by connecting you with the vehicle that fits your needs and ultimately helps you achieve the independence and dignity you deserve. It is critical to give our disabled Veterans the tools you need to lead an independent life, and mobility is essential.
VMI is the premiere manufacturer of wheelchair accessible vans. The VMI Select Dealers are the experts in mobility assessment and customization. Together, we have combined our knowledge with the Paralyzed Veterans of America to educate Veterans on the mobility benefits they have earned searving our country and to teach them how to make smart, informed on selecting a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
Veteran mobility benefits
If you are a Veteran who became disabled due to MS, ALS, or a spinal cord injury before or after your honorable discharge from military service, you may be qualified to receive an auto allowance grant from Veterans Affairs in the amount of $19,505.
This grant, originally established in 1946 for $11,000, was just increased to $19,505 in October 2012 to make it more affordable for a qualified disabled Veteran to purchase a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
Let a VMI Select Dealer help you determine if you are qualified for this incredible benefit.
R & J Mobility is your VMI Select Dealer for Oregon
- trust – VMI has entrusted out Select Dealer Network to walk you through the process to find the best accessible van that fits your needs at the right price for 25 years!
- convenience – with VMI Select dealers in your neighborhood and community, sales and service are close by!
- inventory – Choose the right product for you; vehicle, accessories, etc. Local wheelchair accessible vans are on hand for demonstration, fit and assessment.
- certified mobility consultants – Experienced in assisting Veterans with the funding process.