At R & J Mobility Service, we offer a variety of driving aids to assist you while operating a vehicle. These driving aids include (but are not limited to):
- Adapted Key Holder: A device which by design will improve both grip and turning leverage. (Also referred to as a quad key.)
- Crossover Gear Shift Extension: A device that attaches to the OEM column mounted gear selector and crosses over to the left of the steering column. (See also gear shift extension).
- Gear Shift Extension: A device that attaches to the OEM gear selector and offers additional leverage for shifter operation.
- Manual Parking Brake Extension: A handle, which enables the driver to set the parking brake with their hand.
- Pedal Extensions: Devices mounted to the brake and/or accelerator for use by a short stature driver.
- Steering Device Extension: Used to bring the steering device to the customer.
- Transfer Bar: A bar, handle or strap to assist an individual in movement and/or balance.
- Turn Signal Extension: A device that attaches to the OEM turn signal lever to allow a different location for activation.
R & J Mobility Service currently offers these driving aids by Mobility Products & Design (MPD) and Manufacturing & Production Services (MPS).
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to installing any adaptive driving equipment, R&J Mobility requires documentation that the equipment is appropriate for the client. The documentation shall reflect the client’s current functional and medical status. The documentation shall include one of the following:
- assessment report from a qualified driver rehabilitation specialist that includes specifications for equipment, modifications, and training;
- properly restricted current driver license;
- experience in operating the equipment to be installed (current customers only).
There are several Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialists available in Oregon:
Jim Ilg, OT, CDRS
O.T. Services: Driving Solutions
Laura Fischrup, OTR/L, CDRS
Alpine Rehab. & Wellness
Jeff Lango , OTR/L, CDRS
If you are in another area of Oregon, you can find other Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialists here:
R & J Mobility sincerely apologizes if these requirements may cost the prospective customer additional funds, but to insure the safety of the driver and proper installation, we must follow industry standards.
The following video walks you through each step of the process of using a Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist: